Our History

The school started as a small school in a hall that had been purchased from Alstonville, demolished, and re-erected behind the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Brewster Street, Lismore.

Blue Hills College opened as Lismore Seventh-day Adventist School at the beginning of the 1950 school year. The first teacher was Mrs Diedre Holmes who worked as a sole-charge teacher for the multi-level classroom. In 1960 the school was moved to Uralba Street, and a second room was added in 1972. The school was re-named "Seventh-day Adventist Union School" in the 1970’s when the churches at Ballina, Casino and Kyogle joined with Lismore in administering the school. In 1978 a high school was added, and in March of that year the school moved to its present site at Blue Hills Avenue, Goonellabah. Over ensuing years an additional year level was added to the high school until the Higher School Certificate credential was achieved. The school was renamed "Blue Hills Adventist School" in 1987, and "Blue Hills College" in 1997. A complete history of the College is available in the book “From Brewster Street to Blue Hills Avenue”, along with an accompanying CD-ROM. Both are available for purchase by contacting the college office below.

Contact Us

Call Us